Philip H. Parks Memorial Scholarship
The Philip H. Parks Scholarship is created and established by Mrs. Philip H. Parks (Susan) and Jerry and Deena Parks (son and daughter in law) in honor and loving memory of their husband and father.
Philip H. Parks was a veteran of the U. S. Army. His career was as a credit manager in construction rental equipment. He was a big supporter of the Everman Independent School District. He was loyal to his family, friends and community, and known as a hard working individual.
Annual gifts of $1,000 to this scholarship shall be awarded in May of the year donated. Annual gifts will be distributed over the next fall and spring semester, pending confirmation of enrollment.
The Philip H. Parks Scholarship is intended for students attending a post-secondary two year or four year college or university. All awardees will be strongly recommended by the principal of Joe C. Bean High School. The selection committee will select a scholarship recipient and alternate, in the event that the recipient is unable to enroll the next fall semester.
Scholarship recipients of the Philip H. Parks Memorial Scholarship must demonstrate the following attributes, qualifications and requirements:
- Be a graduating senior of the Joe C. Bean High School
- Have at least 85 GPA on their high school transcript
- Have been admitted as a full time student to an accredited college or university
- Maintain a consistent personal value system with no ethical or conduct issues
- Submit application for the scholarship by May 3rd.
Other Aspects Regarding the Scholarship
- Diversity will be honored in the selection of recipients.
- Donors will participate in the selection process.
- Financial need will not be considered in awarding the scholarship.
Provisions for Application
A student making application for the Philip H. Parks Memorial Scholarship shall provide the following materials:
- Letter of Application to include: Full Name, Age, Date of Birth, Male or Female, Home Address, and Telephone Number.
- Student resume of activities and awards
- High school transcript
- Student essay on the topic: “Why it is necessary for me to pursue higher education.”
- Three letters of recommendation or reference (church, business, school)
- Applications will be due no later than May 3rd of the spring semester
A scholarship committee comprised of representatives from EISD Administration, EISD Education Foundation, Joe C. Bean Administration and Faculty and Mrs. Parks shall review all applications and make a final selection and alternate for award. The decision of the selection committee is final and not subject to appeal. Announcement of the scholarship recipient will be made at the annual Senior Awards Program, wherein acknowledgement will also be made to Philip H. Parks and his family.
Provisions for Payment
A check will be issued from the Everman ISD Education Foundation to the college or university upon evidence of enrollment as a full time student and acknowledgement from student. Funds are payable on or before the 12th day of the semester. The $1,000 scholarship will be distributed over the fall and spring semester with payments of $500 each semester upon proof of enrollment.